Have you been thinking about adding solar panels to your residential property? If you’re still on the fence, here are some big reasons to consider switching to residential solar energy over other energy sources.
- It saves you money. Residential solar energy allows you to save on utility costs to your property because you don’t have to spend a lot of money on the energy you receive from the power company. There are many different factors that influence just how much money you’ll save, including the amount of sunlight your property receives, roof size, electricity consumption, and more.
- It works anywhere. Residential solar energy is accessible even if you live somewhere that gets a lot of rain or regularly has cloudy skies. Reflected and only partial sunlight can still reach the solar panels and provide you with energy.
- It lasts a long time. Most solar panels can last upwards of 25 years, so you won’t have to turn around and replace them anytime soon.
- It is environmentally friendly. Solar energy is much better for the planet than other resources such as fossil fuels. In fact, solar energy usage can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease water consumption.
- It adds home value. If you’re looking to sell your residential property in the future, adding solar panels is a great investment. Many homeowners consider them to be a premium and will pay more for a residential property that has them.
There are many different reasons for switching to residential solar energy. If you are interested in making the switch, contact us here at 3 Guys Solar, LLC today.