When most people think about the benefits of solar power, they are thinking mostly in terms of what it can do for their family. While it is definitely a good choice if you want to reduce your utility costs and have an alternate source of power if the grid goes down, you should also be aware of some other broader benefits of solar power. At 3 Guys Solar, LLC, we are honored to be a part of helping families in the Orlando, Florida area and our planet significantly gain from solar power.
- Solar power saves money- You will see a significant savings on your monthly electric bill because you no longer rely on electricity from your area power plant. The solar power industry is also good for the larger economy as many jobs are created to support solar infrastructure.
- Solar power saves water- It takes an incredible amount of water in standard electricity production. Since none is needed to generate solar power, you are a part of preserving our planet’s most precious resource.
- Solar power doesn’t pollute- Other methods to generate electricity release many types of pollutants, including methane, carbon dioxide, and other byproducts that are endangering our planet and can cause cancer.
- Solar power helps to slow down greenhouse effect- Solar power doesn’t produce the toxic gases that other electricity-generating methods do. For each household that switches over to solar power, there is a reduction in emissions that push climate change along.
- Solar power is efficient and sustainable- Solar power has no carbon footprint and no emissions.
- Solar power reduces dependence on fossil fuels- There is a finite amount of fossil fuels on our planet. When they are gone, we are going to have no choice but to turn to other sources. Making the switch to solar power now extends how long the remaining fossil fuels will last and lessens our dependence on those sources for power.
- Solar power doesn’t get lost- As grid electricity travels along power lines, some of the energy is lost. When you produce solar power on your property, it doesn’t travel anywhere, so there isn’t any energy loss involved.