The Tesla Powerwall, a sleek, wall-mounted battery system used to power your residential space, could be a good option if you want to get away from traditional energy sources. This beginner’s guide will explore the steps to add Tesla Powerwall to your home and gain energy independence.
- Evaluate Your Energy Needs. The first step in going off the grid with Tesla Powerwall is to evaluate your energy needs. At 3 Guys Solar, LLC, we’re certified Tesla installers. Our team of professionals will determine how much energy your residence consumes and assess your current energy sources. This step will help decide how many Tesla Powerwalls you need to power your home.
- Install Solar Panels. To use a Tesla Powerwall most efficiently, you must install solar panels on the rooftop or in an open area with access to sunlight. Solar panels capture energy from the sun and store it in the Tesla Powerwall.
- Tesla Powerwall Installation. Once your solar panels are installed, the Tesla Powerwall can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Connect Your Powerwall to Your Residential Electrical System. A licensed electrician must connect your Tesla Powerwall to your electrical system. Once connected, the Tesla Powerwall will automatically switch your power source from the traditional grid to the stored energy in the Powerwall.
- Watch Your Energy Usage. Monitoring your energy usage is essential to ensure you consume less energy than your solar panels and the Tesla Powerwall generates and stores. Tesla’s mobile app allows you to track your energy usage and battery level in real-time, making it easy to adjust your energy consumption.
Going off the grid with a Tesla Powerwall promotes sustainability, reduces energy costs, and increases energy independence. To find out more about Tesla Powerwalls, contact us.